Most Romantic Things To Do In Monterey
• Beach picnic with roaring fire for two while watching the sunset
- Take a private sailing charter out on the Monterey Bay and enjoy dinner or just watching the sunset over the Monterey Bay.
- Wine tasting at one of the many rooms in downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea, in the quaint village of Carmel Valley, or in the Salinas Valley amongst the vines.
- Using our local guide, Monterey Coast Weekly, or your hotel concierge, find out which live bands are playing during the week you are visiting and relax with a drink. Some of the most popular places are the Sardine Factory (great happy hour), Hyatt Regency Monterey, Carmel Highlands, The Inn at Spanish Bay, and Sly McFly's.
- Book a romantic hotel room (see our entry in FAQ's about the most romantic places to stay or our site at www.GetawaysforTwo.com) with the amenities you either don't have at home or just don't have the time to enjoy (e.g. fireplace, ocean view, feather bed, spa tub). Don't just check in late, go out all day / night and leave early in the morning - really enjoy your stay. One way you can do this is with one of our room decorations, bath decorations or romantic gift boxes.
- Book a private car to take you around to the most scenic spots in Monterey County such as 17 Mile Drive, the coastline along Carmel Bay or Big Sur. Some businesses rent classic limo's (perfect for two) or even exotic cars.
- Go out to dinner in one of our more romantic restaurants. Some of our favorites including Pacific's Edge, Casanova, L'Escargot, the Flying Fish, and Anton and Michel.
- An afternoon picnic on the beach or in a park (see our site for more details)