Intercontinental Clement Monterey
Why We Love the Intercontinental
- Located on the Monterey Bay along Cannery Row, you can walk outside their lobby doors and be in the midst of what makes Monterey such a great place to visit. Walk to your right and you're at the Monterey Bay Aquarium within minutes. All around you are shops, restaurants, bars, live music, and historical landmarks. McAbee Beach is just one block away and Fisherman's Wharf and downtown Monterey, a twenty minute walk down the recreation trail.
- Every hotel is different and the Intercontinental appeals to those looking for a more modern vibe. The rooms are spacious, well thought out and many include balconies, an ocean view and fireplace. Some of their suites include a large jetted tub where you can relax with a bottle of sparkling wine and look out towards the Monterey Bay.
- The service here has always been phenomenal and they have had the consistency of a wonderful general manager who opened the hotel.
- Although there are a lot of restaurants from which to choose on Cannery Row (including the Sardine Factory and Whaling Station just up the street), the Intercontinental has a restaurant that is a local's favorite and an inviting bar with outdoor patio with Monterey Bay View. At times, they have entertainment either in the bar area or in their spacious living room area with fireplace.
- We have decorated rooms here since the hotel opened in 2008 and with the muted room colors, our decorations really "pop" and add a nice romantic flair for your stay.